How many calories does one cup of Mixed Vegetable Soup for Babies and Toddlers have?
One cup of Mixed Vegetable Soup for Babies, Toddlers, Kids gives 41 calories.
Click here to view. Mixed Vegetable Soup for Babies and Toddlers recipe. Mixed Vegetable Soup for Babies and Toddlers | Mix Vegetable Soup for Babies | Homemade Vegetable Soup for Kids | Vegetable Soup – Baby Food | This delectable Mixed Vegetable Soup for Babies and Toddlers introduces your baby to more vegetables, with varied textures, colours and flavours.
Cauliflower, bottle gourd, carrot and tomatoes come together to create a partly sweet and partly tangy Homemade Vegetable Soup for Babies that your kid is sure to enjoy once 8 months and above.
What’s more, this Mix Vegetable Soup for Babies also happens to be a true multi-vitamin delicacy, rich in vitamins A and C, and folic acid too. If your little one does not like the flavour or texture of tomatoes, you can avoid it to make the soup milder.
No salt has been added to the soup, since it is for babies below 1 year. Once your baby is a toddler, you can add restricted amount of salt. As a variation, you can also add a pinch of freshly ground black pepper powder to this Mixed Vegetable Soup for Babies and Toddlers.
Is Mixed Vegetable Soup for Babies, Toddlers, Kids healthy?
Yes, this is healthy.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Cauliflower (gobi) : Cauliflower is extremely low in carbs and therefore does not raise blood glucose levels. One cup Cauliflower provides you 100% off your daily recommended allowance of Vitamin C. Rich in Antioxidant. Being rich in Indoles, Cauliflower and other Cruciferous Vegetables like broccoli, kale, radish, brussel sprouts, red cabbage) maintain Estrogen balances which is crucial for women. Read here for detailed benefits of cauliflower.
2.Doodhi (bottle gourd, lauki) : With extremely low levels of sodium, this doodhi is highly suitable for those with high BP. It helps reduce blood cholesterol levels and regulate blood pressure and ensures a proper blood flow to heart and they're onwards to all parts of the body. It helps prevent acidity and good for diabetics. See the 10 benefits of bottlegourd article for complete information.
3. Carrots (gajjar) : Carrots have the nutrient Beta Carotene which is a form of Vitamin A, helps prevent deterioration of the eye as one gets older and prevents night blindness. Carrot is great for the eyes.They relieve constipation, lower blood pressure, have fibre and lower cholesterol. Read the 11 super benefiits of carrots and why to include in your daily diet.
4. Tomatoes : Tomatoes are extremely rich source of Lycopene. Tomatoes are a powerful antioxidant, super rich in Vitamin C, good for heart. Tomatoes are a Pregnant women's friend and are rich in Folate or Folic Acid which helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially red blood cells. Read about 13 amazing benefits of tomatoes.
6 reasons to have Vegetable Soup for Babies, Toddlers and kids
1. Mixed Vegetable Soup is a weaning food for babies who are slightly older say 9 months and above.
2. It’s a sneak way of adding 4 different veggies into one meal.
3. Carrots and tomatoes will lend good amounts of vitamin A which helps nourish baby’s skin.
4. Cauliflower lends vitamin C to build baby’s immunity and helps to fight diseases.
5. Doodhi, on the other hand, is water filled.
6. So all these ingredients together form this nutri-dense liquid supplement for babies.
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym. No activity reduces muscle tissue which will lead to muscke loss and all kinds of problems with that.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover and makes you look much younger. Also getting good sleep prevent muscle loss.
Mixed Vegetable Soup for Babies and Toddlers is high in
1. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
2. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
3. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.