How many calories does one serving of Paneer Pakoda have?
One serving of Paneer Pakoda gives 345 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 116 calories, proteins account for 63 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 166 calories. One serving of Paneer Pakoda provides about 17 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view. Paneer Pakoda recipe. is a simple and easy snack. It is moist and soft on inside and crisp outside, unlike other pakora’s.paneer pakoda is made with simple and basic ingredients that are easily available in every household. We have first coated paneer in a dry powder masala which has carom seeds, chilli powder, garam masala, coriander-cumin seeds (dhania-jeera) powder, dried mango powder, (amchur) turmeric powder (haldi) and chaat masala as paneer has a bland taste. We did the process to make the dish even more flavorful and tastier.Once the paneer is coated we have dipped the flavoured paneer into the Bengal gram batter which is made with besan (bengal gram flour), chilli powder, turmeric powder (haldi), asafoetida (hing), hot oil, chopped coriander (dhania) and a pinch of baking soda. Once spiced paneer is dipped in the batter it is deep fried until it turns golden brown.Looking for a quick and easy evening snack or something to eat with a piping hot cup of tea on a rainy day? Pakoras are an ideal choice.
Pakora also known as pakoda, pakodi, bhaji, bhajiya is originated from India. It is a deep fried snack, basically a fritter. It is found in restaurants and also sold by food vendors on the streets. Also, It is a famous Indian street food, found all over.Pakora is made by choosing a main ingredient like onion, potato, spinach,eggplant, cauliflower, corn etc. which is then dipped in Bengal gram batter and deep fried. Here we have used paneer which is loved by everyone Punjabi style paneer pakora is my personal favourite out of all the pakora’s.I usually make Punjabi style paneer pakora for my father-in law and husband for evening snack, they are a big fan of paneer pakoda’s and they have it with a cup of tea, it is a perfect combo. I also make it when last minute guests walk in as it is simple, easy and quick but also very mouth-watering and delicious and we can bet your guests would love it!! When making it for my kids, I sometimes cut two pieces of paneer and apply green chutney between them, add little cheese, batter coat and fry. My kids love it. Serve Paneer pakora with green chutney and tomato ketchup.
Is Paneer Pakoda healthy?
No, this is not healthy. Let's see why.
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Besan : Besan has more good fat than whole wheat flour and also higher protein content. Rich in complex carbohydrates and with a low glycemic index, besan is good for diabetics too. Besan is high in Folate or folic acid, which is important for rapid growth and multiplication of red blood cells and white blood cells (WBC) in the bone marrow. See 10 detailed benefits of besan and why it's good for you.
2. Coriander (kothmir, dhania) : The antioxidants vitamin A, vitamin C and the quercetin present in coriander works towards strengthening our immune system. Coriander is a fairly good source of iron and folate – the 2 nutrient which help in the production and maintenance of red blood cells in our blood. Good for reducing cholesterol and good for diabetics. Read 9 benefits of coriander to understand details.
What's the problem?
1. Deep fried foods : The paneer pakora is deep fried. Any food that is deep fried is not suitable for healthy living. Your fat levels increase as deep frying increases oil absorption. Also when you use the same oil again for deep frying then smoking point decreases which leads to the development of blue smoke which is not good for health. Processed food, Deep Fried Foods also increases inflammation in the body and shuts down the fat burning process. Most diseases from heart, to cardio vascular, diabetes, parkinsons, alzheimer, cancer and obesity result when the cells get inflamed and don't then function correctly. Inflammation in the arteries can cause heart attacks. So your diet should contain foods that fight inflammation in the body. That's how your body gets healthier by eating the right stuff. So you have given the cells in your body the right food to stay healthy and that is so important in staying disease free for the rest of your life.
2. Vegetable Oils : To some vegetable oil is only soyabean oil, while some promote it as a mix of oils like soyabean, canola, sunflower, corn and other omega-6 rich oils. These are often cheaper options than many oils, but they are highly processed oils. They are undoubtedly not to be reached out for, whether you are looking for salad dressings, sautéing or cooking. The 5 best oils used in cooking are olive oil (low temperature short time cooking), avocado oil, canola oil, coconut oil and peanut oil. You must read the super article to find the facts of which oil is the healthiest avoid vegetable oil.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Paneer Pakoda?
No, this recipe is not good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. The paneer pakora is deep fried. Any food that is deep fried is not suitable for healthy living. Your fat levels increase as deep frying increases oil absorption. Also when you use the same oil again for deep frying then smoking point decreases which leads to the development of blue smoke which is not good for health. Processed food, Deep Fried Foods also increases inflammation in the body and shuts down the fat burning process. Most diseases from heart, to cardio vascular, diabetes, parkinsons, alzheimer, cancer and obesity result when the cells get inflamed and don't then function correctly.
Here are some Healthy Indian snack options.
You can have Baked Samosa with mixed sprouts, Matarsutir Kachori, Oats Moong Dal Tikki, Baked methi muthia recipe, Zunka recipe, moong dal dhokla recipe, bajra carrot onion uttapam recipe , baked palak jowar murukku, mini jowar pancakes, oats upma, baked sev , baked whole wheat puris, paneer pudina tikki or buckwheat pancake as one healthy recipe option.
Baked Samosa with Mixed Sprouts, Healthy Snack
Can healthy individuals have Paneer Pakoda?
Paneer Pakoda is high in
1. Protein : Protein is required for the managing the wear and tear of all cells of the body.
2. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
3. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
4. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
5. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
6. Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 345 calories that come from Paneer Pakoda?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1 hr 44 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 35 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 46 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 59 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.