How many calories does one glass Banana Yoghurt Milkshake have?
One glass Banana Yoghurt Milkshake gives 272 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 139 calories, proteins account for 25 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 79 calories. One glass Banana Yoghurt Milkshake provides about 14 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Banana Yoghurt Milkshake recipe. A luscious drink that is sure to energize every inch of your body! The ever-popular flavour of banana gets all the more exciting when combined with fresh curds, sweet nutmeg and vanilla. Use absolutely chilled milk and if possible chilled curds too to make the Banana Yoghurt Milkshake so you will get a wonderfully cool drink to enjoy. This is important because the milkshake cannot be refrigerated after preparation; it has to be served immediately to relish the best colour, flavour and consistency.
Is Banana Yoghurt Milkshake healthy?
No, this is not healthy. Let's see why.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Banana : Banana is high in potassium. Potassium helps normalize the heartbeat and regulates the body's water balance. Bananas have low sodium content and high potassium content, and contribute for making it an ideal fruit for hypertensives. Bananas contain good amounts of potassium and magnesium which lowers the risk of heart diseases. See the 7 incredible benefits of banana.
2. Curd + Low fat Curds : Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. Probiotics in curds acts as a mild laxative but, in case of diarrhoea and dysentery, it is a boon, if curd is used with rice.They help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity. The only difference between curds and low fat curds is the fat level. Read the benefits of curds to include in your daily diet.
3. Milk and Low Fat Milk : 1 cup of milk provides 70% of the Recommended Daily Allowance of Calcium. Milk promotes strong bones. The Calcium in Milk helps to protect your teeth against gum disease and keeps your jaw bone strong and healthy. Milk is low in carbs and therefore does not raise blood glucose levels. However diabetics must consider including low fat milk as advised by their dietitian only so as to avoid any fluctuations in blood sugar levels. Protein is another key nutrient which milk is rich in - 8.6 g from a cup. So all those looking to build protein stores can add milk and its products like curd and paneer to their diet. One cup of Milk gives 10 grams of carbs. Low fat milk has lower fat and the same benefits of milk.
What's the problem?
1. Sugar : Sugar used in the recipe is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage. To live a healthy life, try and cut sugar which from your diet. It requires a slow and deliberate attempt to do it. Find hidden sugar in packaged foods and drinks and stop having those products. Did you know that a can of your favourite soft drink is estimated to have 1/2 cup of sugar. Refinded carbohydrates like maida, sugar, bread, pasta, noodles and sugar on consumption get stored as unhealthy fat in the body.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Banana Yoghurt Milkshake?
No, this recipe is not good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Sugar used in the recipe is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
What Healthy Indian Drinks do you suggest.
Healthy Indian drinks to choose from tulsi tea recipe, masala chaas, low fat chaas recipe and neem juice.
Low Fat Chaas Recipe , Indian Low Fat Buttermilk
Can healthy individuals have Banana Yoghurt Milkshake?
Banana Yoghurt Milkshake is high in
1. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
2. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 272 calories that come from Banana Yoghurt Milkshake?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1hr 22 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 27 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 36 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 47 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.