Indian Soups for heart patients | soups, broths for a healthy heart
soups for a healthy heart | Indian Soups for heart patients | healthy heart soup recipes | These mildly-spiced, warm Healthy Heart Veg Soups will make you smile when you realize how easy it is to enjoy good health without compromising on taste! From creamy soups to clear soups and chunky broths, these heartening soups are all made with low-cal, low-fat and nutrient-rich ingredients, which help keep your heart fit and healthy. Lose yourself in the soothing comfort of these warm and nutritious soups.
5 points to make soups healthy for your heart and lower your cholesterol
- avoid use of cornflour in your soups
- avoid sugar in your soups
- use low fat paneer instead of full fat paneer
- use barley, oats, dals in your soups
- fibre rich vegetables like green peas to make your soups
Healthy Heart Vegetarian Broth Recipes
Oats and Vegetable Broth is a super filling recipe loaded with antioxidants will prevent your body from oxidative damage and protects the heart from diseases. Moreover, oats provide soluble fibre which has a great cholesterol reducing effect.
oats and vegetable broth recipe | vegetable oats soup | Indian vegetable soup with oats | healthy oats soup |
Adding dals make your broth more flavourful and gives it a creamy texture while adding vegetables makes it crunchy, the combination is mind-blowing. Don’t believe us? Try Lentil and Vegetable Broth and you will definitely agree with us. Tired after a busy day and need some nerve soothing soup? Then try your hands on Quick Vegetable Broth that’s easy to make, requires minimal efforts and has an amazing taste and colour.
quick vegetable broth soup recipe | healthy clear Indian soup | mixed veg clear soup |
Healthy Heart Vegetarian Soup Recipes
This old-fashioned Moong Soup is sure to bring back memories of momma’s loving care. Guaranteed to rejuvenate you on a tiring day, this soothing soup is mildly flavoured with a tempering of cumin seeds and curry leaves.
Often we make this Green Peas and Mint Soup which is one of our favourite recipes from this healthy heart soups collection, it is rich in Fibre and Vitamin C and has fair amounts of minerals that help in heart functioning.
Green Peas and Mint Soup ( Healthy Heart)
Add cereals or pulses to your soups if you’re too lazy to cook a meal, just like this Nourishing Barley Soup; well satiating, tasty and a good source of protein too. Bean and Tomato Soup is another soup recipe prepared with beans, good for maintaining cells and arteries in your body.
Nourishing Barley Soup
Choose from a wide range of recipes for heart healthy soups like Mushroom Soup, Masoor Dal and Paneer Soup, Sweet Corn and Capsicum Soup and many more…
Masoor Dal and Paneer Soup
What causes your heart to not work correctly?
There are 5 basic reasons why we have heart issues.
1. Belly fat : The more belly fat you have, the higher the risk of a heart attack. This shows wrong food habits, bad quality vegetable oil, sugar, maida, cornflour excess etc create this problem. High blood pressure in a major problem for your heart and also uncontrolled diabetes. Your diabetes is not solved by just popping pills. You need to change the way you eat. Wrong foods eaten lead to the inflammation of the arteries of your heart. Blockages in the arteries Blockages lead to heart attack and that is so easy to fix as simple as eating healthy. Remove inflammation in your body.
2. Eating processed foods : Avoid junk food and follow simple basic home cooked food. Stay away from refined vegetable oils. Opt for unfrefined oils like olive oil, coconut oil. You could also have cold pressed peanut oil in your cooking as that is available in India. Eat a healthy pyaz wali bhindi sabzi instead of going for a deep fried option. Also remember to wash your hands before you eat as they can carry infections. Your hands have opened doors, pressed lift buttons etc where others with infection may have touched them before. Thats how a virus can spread.
healthy pyaz wali bhindi | pyaz wali bhindi recipe | okra onion sabzi | Punjabi pyaz wali bhindi
3. Always be active and get your exercises in : Yes, want a healthy heart then put in the effort. Even if you have a one hour workout and you are sitting for the next 9 hours, then your one hour workout is almost useless. Inactivity, sedentary lifestyle or sitting too long is the number one cause of inflammation and poor blood circulation in your system. Your heart needs two things, the right nutrients (eating wisely) and oxygen and both these are carried by your blood circulation. Blood circulation happens with movement. If your are in your office, then try and sit on a stool without a back rest and that will make you use your core and fire up your body. That is why we find new age workers wanting to stand at times the whole day while working at their desk.
Blood circulation is at its lowest when we are sitting or sedentary. 2 hours of watching TV may reduce heart healthy by 13% to 15% says Harvard study. There is a way to watch TV. Get up from your TV or pause and walk around or even better do some basic exrecises while watching TV. If you had an active day then nothing will happen by watching TV for 2 hours.
4. Smoking and Stress : The two s's. Common senses is stay away from your puff. Regarding stress, more stress makes more cortisol which creates more inflammation. That swells your arteries over time and leasds to a heart attack. Sort your stress out.
5. Lack of sleep : Your body needs 8 hours sleep. Sleep depravation and inflammation are linked with one another. If you are sleep deprived, then you are compromising your heart health. Stress is also a big issue for heart attack. More stress makes more cortisol which creates more inflammation.
Try our healthy heart soup recipes and other healthy heart recipes below.
Healthy Heart Accompaniments (20 recipes)
Healthy Heart Dals & Kadhis (31 recipes)
Healthy Heart Desserts (17 recipes)
Healthy Heart Drinks Beverages (19 recipes)
Healthy Heart International Recipes (26 recipes)
Healthy Heart Rice, Khichdi and Biryani (25 recipes)
Healthy Heart Rotis & Parathas (33 recipes)
Healthy Heart Salads Raitas (58 recipes)
Healthy Heart Starters Snacks (60 recipes)
Healthy Heart Subzis (41 recipes)