How many calories does one Paneer Paratha have?
One Paneer Paratha gives 276 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 120 calories, proteins account for 41 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 115 calories. One Paneer Paratha provides about 14 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view Paneer Paratha recipe. Paneer also known as cottage cheese is used in a variety of dishes world over. It forms a part of salads, main course dishes and even desserts in the form of cream cheese. Known as the Indian cheese, paneer is one of the most versatile ingredients available for cooking. Women in Punjab make their own paneer by adding curds or lemon juice to milk thus making it curdle. This paneer can then be grated or crumbled and combined with a blend of subtle masalas making it an ideal stuffing for a paratha. Make these delicious parathas for your family or guests and watch them disappear in a jiffy.
Accompaniments like curds,pickles or cutney is enough to enjoy these parathas. Paneer Parathas also taste great with Panchratni Dal or Whole Masoor Dal and this combo makes a satiating meal.If you enjoyed this sumptuous stuffed paneer paratha recipe, then check our Punjabi paratha recipe collection to learn other authentic paratha recipes like Aloo Paratha, Mooli Paratha, Gobi Paratha.Enjoy how to make Paneer Parathas recipe with detailed step by step photos and video below.
Is Paneer Paratha healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Whole Wheat flour : Whole wheat flour is excellent for diabetics as they will not shoot up your blood sugar levels as they are a low GI food. Whole wheat flour is rich in Phosphorus which is a major mineral which works closely with calcium to build our bones. Vitamin B9 helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially increase red blood cells. See detailed 11 benefits of whole wheat flour and why it's good for you.
2. Coriander (kothmir, dhania) : The antioxidants vitamin A, vitamin C and the quercetin present in coriander works towards strengthening our immune system. Coriander is a fairly good source of iron and folate – the 2 nutrient which help in the production and maintenance of red blood cells in our blood. Good for reducing cholesterol and good for diabetics. Read 9 benefits of coriander to understand details.
3. Curd + Low fat Curds : Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. Probiotics in curds acts as a mild laxative but, in case of diarrhoea and dysentery, it is a boon, if curd is used with rice.They help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity. The only difference between curds and low fat curds is the fat level. Read the benefits of curds to include in your daily diet.
4. Paneer : Paneer contains high quality protein and calcium which aids in weight loss. Since paneer is low in carbs and high in protein it gets digested slowly and hence good for diabetes. Potassium in paneer helps to reduce the effect of high sodium, by lowering blood pressure and contraction of blood vessels, resulting in improved heart health and reduced risk of heart attack. Great for weight loss and read the interesting article on is paneer good for you?
What's the problem?
Plain flour (maida) : This recipe uses plain flour or maida which is refined carb not suitable for healthy lifestyle. Maida consumption in any food should be totally avoided or just a little bit of usage as any consumption of this will cause a larger spike in blood levels which is not good for diabetics, heart patients. Read is maida good for you to understand fully.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Paneer Paratha?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss BUT with some changes. Replace plain flour with whole wheat flour and use low fat paneer in the recipe.
What is a healthy accompaniment to this paratha?
We suggest you pair it with homemade curds using cows milk or low fat curds, lauki pudine ka raita, mixed veggie raita, low calorie spinach raita or a cucumber and pudina raita.
Basic Homemade Curd, Dahi Or Yogurt Using Cow's Milk
Can healthy individuals have Paneer Paratha?
Yes, but replace plain flour with whole wheat flour. Most diseases from heart, to cardio vascular, diabetes, parkinsons, alzheimer, cancer and obesity result when the cells get inflamed and don't then function correctly due to eating foods like plain flour. Inflammation in the arteries can cause heart attacks.
So your diet should contain foods that fight inflammation in the body. That's how your body gets healthier by eating the right stuff. So you have given the cells in your body the right food to stay healthy and that is so important in staying disease free for the rest of your life.
Paneer Paratha is high in
1. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
2. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 276 calories that come from one Paneer Paratha?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1 hr 23 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 28 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 37 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 47 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.