How many calories does one serving of Green Pea Poha, Matar Poha have?
One serving of Green Pea Poha, Matar Poha gives 281 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 184 calories, proteins account for 22 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 75 calories. One serving of Green Pea Poha, Matar Poha provides about 14 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Health conscious can reduce the oil for tempering to 2 tsp and avoid the use of sugar and sev. This would reduce the calorie count from 281 per serving to approx. 163 per serving. One serving of healthy matar poha gives approx. 163 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 119 calories, proteins account for 15 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 29 calories. One serving of Green Pea Poha, Matar Poha provides about 8 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view Green Pea Poha, Matar Poha recipe | green pea poha | healthy matar poha | with 17 amazing images.
matar poha recipe also called green pea poha is a popular Indian evening snack which can be made very quickly. To maharashtrian kanda poha, matar is added by Maharashtrain’s to make matar poha.
Poha can be thought of as our desi breakfast cereal! All over India, it is a very popular breakfast choice. Cooked it different ways, poha is satiating and tasty. Here, we show you how to make the healthy matar poha. Every household has their own version of making poha. With a traditional tempering and everyday taste-makers like green chillies, lemon juice and coriander, the green pea poha has a homely yet snazzy taste.
Batata Poha is a breakfast dish that's really easy to make and is commonly eaten in most houses. To make it healthier, I have substituted potatoes with green peas in this matar poha recipe making it healthier with fibre-rich green peas.
Green peas poha is really quick and easy to make. The ingredients used in making it are easily available in every well maintained Indian household pantry. All you need is poha, green peas, onions and Indian spices to make green pea poha.
To make matar poha recipe, take oil in a deep non stick pan and add mustard seeds. Tradionally mustard seeds are added in poha which give it a unique taste. Next, add asafoetida. Add onions and boiled green peas and cook it for a while. Further add turmeric which imparts a beautiful color to our poha. Also. To enhance the taste of green pea poha, add green chilli paste which can be adjusted according to your preference of spice. Also, add sugar and lemon juice. And lastly, some milk to give poha a soft texture. Mix well and our green pea poha are ready to be relished!!
Vitamin C , present in the lemon juice, aids the absorption of iron from the poha, ensuring that you get the most of the nutrients in it. With the best of both worlds – taste and health – healthy green pea poha is worth giving a try!
Green pea poha is so wholesome and tasty that you can make it any time of the day, as breakfast, supper or a simple evening tea snack.
Is Green Pea Poha, Matar Poha healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Green Peas : Green peas are good for weight loss, good source of vegetarian protein, has insoluble fibre to relieve constipation. Legumes like green peas, cow peas, mung, chick peas and kidney beans have a cholesterol lowering effect. Green Peas are rich in Vitamin K which aids in bone metabolism. Is green peas good for diabetics and see full benefits of green peas.
2. Onions (pyaz, kanda) : Raw onions are a very valuable source of vitamin C – the immune building vitamin. Along with other phytonutrients from onions, it helps to build WBC (white blood cells) which serves as a line of defence against illness. Yes, it’s a source of many antioxidants, the most important one amongst them being Quercetin. The quercetin which promotes production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers total cholesterol in the body. The sulphur in onions act as a blood thinner and prevents blood clotting too. This in turn would lower blood pressure and good for heart, diabetics. Read the benefits of onions.
3. Poha ( Beaten rice) : Pros for poha. High iron count (2.67 mg in a cup) of poha. Most people prefer eating poha for breakfast. The reason behind it is its high carb count. Poha helps us accomplish nearly 5% of potassium requirement which will control blood pressure and sustain cardiac health and further aids in controlling blood cholesterol too. Cons. Due to high carb content it is not good source of diabetic food. With calories to add along with carbs and not much fiber, poha should logically be constrained by those who intend to lose weight. High protein, less carbs and more fiber should be the target of weight watchers. Read is poha healthy?
4. Coriander (kothmir, dhania) : The antioxidants vitamin A, vitamin C and the quercetin present in coriander works towards strengthening our immune system. Coriander is a fairly good source of iron and folate – the 2 nutrient which help in the production and maintenance of red blood cells in our blood. Good for reducing cholesterol and good for diabetics. Read 9 benefits of coriander to understand details.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have green pea poha?
Yes, this is healthy for cardiac but not for weight loss and diabetics. Let's see why? Poha helps us accomplish nearly 4% of potassium requirement which will control blood pressure and sustain cardiac health and further aids in controlling blood cholesterol too. Cons. Due to high carb content it is not good source of diabetic food.
Can healthy individuals have green pea poha?
Yes, this is healthy. Health conscious can reduce the oil for tempering to 2 tsp and avoid the use of sugar and sev. This would reduce the calorie count from 281 per serving to approx. 163 per serving. Have it with low fat chaas recipe.
Low Fat Chaas Recipe , Indian Low Fat Buttermilk
Green Pea Poha, Matar Poha is high in
1. Iron : Iron is essential in the chemical reactions that produce energy from foods. Eat more greens and garden cress seeds to prevent you from being anaemic. Here are the top 7 sources of iron rich foods.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 281 calories that come from one serving of Green Pea Poha, Matar Poha?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1 hour 24 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 28 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 37 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 48 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.