Green Pea Poha, Matar Poha
by Tarla Dalal
ग्रीन पी पोहा
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Green Pea Poha, Matar Poha in Hindi)
Added to 322 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 346395 times
matar poha recipe | green pea poha | healthy matar poha | with 17 amazing images.
matar poha recipe also called green pea poha is a popular Indian evening snack which can be made very quickly. To maharashtrian kanda poha, matar is added by Maharashtrain’s to make matar poha.
Poha can be thought of as our desi breakfast cereal! All over India, it is a very popular breakfast choice. Cooked it different ways, poha is satiating and tasty. Here, we show you how to make the healthy matar poha. Every household has their own version of making poha. With a traditional tempering and everyday taste-makers like green chillies, lemon juice and coriander, the green pea poha has a homely yet snazzy taste.
Batata Poha is a breakfast dish that's really easy to make and is commonly eaten in most houses. To make it healthier, I have substituted potatoes with green peas in this matar poha recipe making it healthier with fibre-rich green peas.
Green peas poha is really quick and easy to make. The ingredients used in making it are easily available in every well maintained Indian household pantry. All you need is poha, green peas, onions and Indian spices to make green pea poha.
To make matar poha recipe, take oil in a deep non stick pan and add mustard seeds. Tradionally mustard seeds are added in poha which give it a unique taste. Next, add asafoetida. Add onions and boiled green peas and cook it for a while. Further add turmeric which imparts a beautiful color to our poha. Also. To enhance the taste of green pea poha, add green chilli paste which can be adjusted according to your preference of spice. Also, add sugar and lemon juice. And lastly, some milk to give poha a soft texture. Mix well and our green pea poha are ready to be relished!!
Vitamin C , present in the lemon juice, aids the absorption of iron from the poha, ensuring that you get the most of the nutrients in it. With the best of both worlds – taste and health – healthy green pea poha is worth giving a try!
Green pea poha is so wholesome and tasty that you can make it any time of the day, as breakfast, supper or a simple evening tea snack.
Enjoy matar poha recipe | green pea poha | healthy matar poha | with detailed step by step recipe photo and video
- To make green pea poha, heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the green peas, 2 tbsp of water and turmeric powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place the beaten rice in a sieve and hold it under running water for a few seconds. Toss well to drain out all the excess water.
- Add the washed and drained beaten rice, green chilli paste, sugar, lemon juice, milk and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the coriander, mix well and keep the green pea poha aside to cool slightly.
- Pack in an air-tight box.
Green Pea Poha, Matar Poha recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.