Vegetable Chow Mein
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 173 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 277868 times
Vegetable Chow Mein is one of the gems of Oriental cuisine, well known across the world! It is not a very complex dish but has a very interesting mix of textures and flavours, which is sure to intrigue your senses.
In the Chow Mein, hakka noodles comes together with a range of colourful and crunchy veggies, an assortment of tongue-tickling sauces and a sprightly garnish of spring onions.
Altogether, it gives your taste buds a memorable experience, quite like a roller coaster ride that will make you scream with joy.
If you loved this, you must have a go at other Chinese dishes like the American Chop Suey and Chinese Vegetables in Hot Garlic Sauce .
- Combine the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, cornflour and ½ cup of water in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the sesame oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions, ginger, garlic and celery and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the carrot, babycorn, mushrooms, capsicum, purple cabbage, bean sprouts and salt and sauté on a high flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the prepared hoisin sauce-cornflour mixture, mix well and cook on a high flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the noodles, mix well and cook on medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Switch off the flame, add the spring onions and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||231 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||26.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||19.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.