Noodle Basket with Vegetable Stir Fry
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 52 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 43918 times
A pretty looking golden brown noodle basket that’s filled with a warm and crunchy vegetable stir-fry made from baby corn, capsicum, carrot, cabbage and French beans make a satiating One Dish Meals .
- Spread the parboiled noodles on a kitchen towel and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Transfer the noodles into a bowl or plate, add the cornflour and salt and toss gently.
- Divide the noodles into 4 equal portions.
- Place a portion of the noodles in a strainer to make a basket, along the mesh of the strainer.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, hold the strainer with the noodles in the hot oil.
- Keep pouring the oil all over the noodles evenly and deep fry till it turns golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Remove the basket carefully from the strainer and place on an absorbent paper.
- Repeat steps 4 to 7 to make 3 more basket. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic, ginger and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum and cabbage and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the baby corn, carrot and french beans and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the schezwan sauce, tomato ketchup and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Divide the vegetable stir-fry into 4 equal portions.
- Place one portion of the vegetable stir-fry into a noodle basket and top it with ½ tbsp of spring onion greens.
- Repeat step 2 to make 3 more noodles baskets with vegetable stir-fry.
- Serve immediately garnished with spring onion greens.
Noodle Basket with Vegetable Stir Fry by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.