Taro Nest with Warm Salad
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 197 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 33788 times
Here is something that looks so appealing you won’t have the heart to bite into it; but it smells and tastes so appetizing you just cannot help devouring it!
Scrumptious taro nest prepared with noodles and cornflour is topped with a warm salad of mixed vegetables, soya sauce, honey and other ingredients, to create a irresistible starter.
The veggies in the salad are minimally sautéed so that their flavour is enhanced without losing the crunch. Assemble the Taro Nest with Warm Salad just before serving.
- Spread the parboiled noodles on a kitchen towel and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Transfer the noodles into a bowl or plate, add the cornflour and salt and toss gently.
- Divide the noodles into 2 equal portions.
- Place 1 portion of the noodles in a strainer to make a basket, along the mesh of the strainer.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, hold the strainer with the noodles in the hot oil as shown in the image 1.
- Keep pouring the oil all over the noodles evenly and deep-fry till it turns golden brown in colour from all the sides, as shown in the image 2.
- Remove the taro nest carefully from the strainer and place on an absorbent paper.
- Repeat steps 4 to 6 to make 1 more nest. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic, green chillies and ginger and sauté on a high flame or 30 seconds.
- Add the spring onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the baby corn and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum, french beans, bean sprouts, soya sauce, honey and salt and sauté on a high flame for 2 minutes.
- Divide the warm salad into 2 equal portions.
- Place one portion of the salad into a taro nest and top it with ½ tsp of sesame seeds.
- Repeat step 2 to make 1 more nest.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||368.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||29.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||17.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.