Sizziling Wontons with Sweet and Sour Vegetables
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5364 times
Sizziling wontons with sweet and sour vegetables is sure to offer you an authentic panAsian cuisine flavours and taste. The crispy fried sizzling wontons are sauteed with an assortment of vegetables in a delectable mix of sweet and sour sauces. Relish as side dish, starter or main course meal with noodles.
- Mix all the ingredients and add enough water to make a stiff dough.
- Roll out into very thin circles.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil on a high flame.
- Add the cabbage, onions, carrot, bean sprouts and ajinomoto powder and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the noodles, soya sauce and salt.
- Put a little stuffing on each dough circle and fold over to make a semi circle. bring the ends together and press.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing.
- Deep fry in oil.
- Cut the french beans and celery into 25 mm. (1") pieces.
- Slice the carrots and onions.
- Cut the rest of the vegetables into flat pieces.
- Heat the oil on a high flame, add the vegetables and ajinomoto powder and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. add salt.
- Mix all the ingredients and put to boil.
- Go on cooking and stirring until the sauce becomes thick.
- Heat the sizzler tray (thick cast iron tray) thoroughly.
- Spread the vegetables on the sides and put the wontons in the centre.
- Pour the sauce on top of the vegetables and wontons and sizzle on the gas or in the oven.
- Serve hot with chillies in vinegar and chilli.
This recipe was contributed by shah_seema on 23 Apr 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.