Rose and Almond Ice Cream
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 419 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 42250 times
If the word ‘pretty’ can ever be used to describe an ice-cream, it is the Rose and Almond Ice-Cream, dotted with pink rose petals and contrasting roasted almond slivers.
The captivating aroma of rose and the enticing crunch of almonds make this ice-cream a delightful dessert, which has a spa-like effect on your taste buds. Lose yourself in this unique ice-cream, which is sure to pep-up your soul and your senses.
Make ice-creams at home, from Basic Vanilla Ice-cream to different flavoured ice-creams like Chocolate Mint Ice Cream , Custard Apple Ice Cream , Fig Ice Cream , Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream , Mango Ice-Cream , Paan Ice-Cream , Thandai Ice-Cream and crunchy ice-creams like Rocky Road Ice Cream , Roasted Almond Ice Cream with Chocolate Chips , Muesli Ice-cream and Butterscotch Ice Cream .
- Combine the cornflour and ¼ cup of milk in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the remaining 2¼ cups of milk in a deep non-stick pan and boil on a medium flame for 4 minutes.
- Add the cornflour-milk mixture and sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 8 minutes, while stirring continuously. Cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the fresh cream, rose essence and red colour and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow aluminium container. Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for 6 hours or till semi-set.
- Pour the mixture into a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture back into the same aluminium shallow container. Add the almonds and rose petals and mix well.
- Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for approx. 10 hours or till set.
- Scoop and serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||236 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||11.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.