Chocolate Mint Ice Cream
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 97 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18029 times
Chocolate and mint are a match made in heaven. The richness of chocolate and the peppiness of mint combine really well, resulting in a really aesthetic flavour and aroma. Naturally, this duo works out well not just in chocolates and milkshakes but in ice-creams too.
What makes this Chocolate Mint Ice-Cream quite different from others is the fact that the creamy ice-cream prepared with milk and cream is perked up with whole chocolate chips and chopped mint leaves instead of blending these ingredients into the ice-cream.
This causes bursts of flavour as you allow the ice-cream to melt on your taste buds! Truly, the magic must be experienced to be understood.
- Combine the cornflour in 4 tablespoons of cold milk in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the remaining milk, sugar, cornflour-water mixture, milk powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Lower the flame and cook for another 2 minutes, while stirring continuously. Cool completely.
- Add the fresh cream, mint, lemon juice, peppermint essence, green food colour and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow aluminium container. Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for 6 hours or till semi-set.
- Pour the mixture into a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture back into the same aluminium shallow container, add the chocolate chips and mix well.
- Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for approx. 10 hours or till set.
- Scoop and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.