Butterscotch Ice Cream
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 237 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 260130 times
Yes, here were tell you how to make the ever-popular Butterscotch Ice-Cream! Loved by kids and adults alike, this rich ice-cream has a mellow flavour balanced wonderfully by the sweet crunch of the crushed praline. The praline, made with cashews and sugar, gives a delectable texture and rich flavour to the ice-cream. Relish this treat slow and steady, hunting out the praline chunks in each mouthful and biting into them slowly to let their flavour swirl into the rest of the ice-cream creating magic on your palate.
- Heat the sugar in a broad non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for 5 to7 minutes or till the sugar melts, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame, add the cashewnuts and butter and mix well.
- Spread the mixture on a greased flat surface and allow it to cool and harden.
- Scrape it out using a palate knife and coarsely powder it using a mortar-pestle (khalbatta). Keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients except the butterscotch essence and whisk together so that no lumps remain.
- Bring to a boil in a non-stick pan and simmer for 7 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Cool completely, add the butterscotch essence and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow aluminium container. Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for 6 hours or till semi-set.
- Remove the semi-set ice-cream from the freezer and transfer it in a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Add the prepared praline and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture back into the same aluminium shallow container. Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for approx. 10 hours or till set.
- Scoop and serve.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.