Roasted Almond Ice Cream with Chocolate Chips
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 95 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13059 times
This lusciously creamy ice-cream with roasted almond slivers and chocolate chips is a treat worth a fortune! The crispness and rustic flavour of roasted almond slivers are a perfect contrast to melt-in-the-mouth chocolate chips. Together they make the ice-cream a mind-blowing success that everybody will fall deeply in love with.
The best part about the Roasted Almond Ice-Cream with Chocolate Chips is that the ice-cream melts and gives way to the crunchy tidbits when you let it rest on your palate, and once you are done, there is a lingering flavour that is forged forever in your memory.
Planning a dessert party! Check out our recipes of Desserts for Entertaining , it includes a large selection of sweet treats for everyone.
- Combine the cornflour and ¼ cup of cold milk in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Pour the remaining 2¼ cups of milk and sugar in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cornflour-milk mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes ,while stirring continuously.
- Remove the mixture from the flame and cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the fresh cream and vanilla essence and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow aluminium container. Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for 6 hours or till semi-set.
- Remove the semi-set ice-cream from the freezer and transfer it in a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture back into the same aluminium shallow container, add the almonds and chocolate chips and mix well.
- Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for approx. 10 hours or till set.
- Scoop and serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.