Rocky Road Ice Cream
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 222 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21633 times
An American innovation.......this flavour gets its name from the crunchy almonds and walnuts and coarsely crushed wafer biscuits that add a deliciously unusual element to the otherwise smooth texture of ice-cream. Bring out your largest serving spoon.......your little devils are sure to ask for large helpings of this "bumpy" creation.
- Combine the chocolate and condensed milk in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly for around 8 to 10 minutes. ,
- Add 1 cup of water and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl and cool completely.
- Add the fresh cream and vanilla essence and mix very well using a whisk.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow aluminium container. Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for 6 hours or till semi-set.
- Pour the mixture into a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture back into the same aluminium shallow container, add the almonds, walnuts, and wafer biscuits and mix well.
- Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for approx. 10 hours or till set.
- Scoop and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.