Basic Vanilla Ice-cream
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 306 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 105012 times
Vanilla forms an excellent base for most desserts because of its mellow flavour, which highlights the other ingredients. Not only that, it also cooperates well with most fruits to form milk shakes, smoothies and sundaes too. Here is how you can make Basic Vanilla Ice-Cream at home using readily available ingredients and a simple procedure.
- Combine the cornflour and ¼ cup of milk in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 2¼ cups of milk in a deep non-stick pan, and allow it to boil on a medium flame for 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar and the cornflour-milk mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring continuously. Cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the fresh cream and vanilla essence and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow aluminium container. Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for 6 hours or till semi-set.
- Pour the mixture into a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture back into the same aluminium shallow container. Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for approx. 10 hours or till set.
- Scoop and serve.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||236 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||11.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.