Rice Steamed Momo
by Motions and Emotions
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10408 times
Momos are steamed dumplings with a stuffing. A healthy option to deep-fried snacks. Rice combines with ginger, garlic, soy sauce, black pepper and onions into a scrumptious the stuffing. Just dip these melt in the mouth momos in the vinegar flavoured chilli-garlic chutney and enjoy. You can get more creative and shape the momos differently.
- Make a stiff dough with all purpose flour, salt and water. Keep it covered with a damp cloth.
- Take cooked rice in a bowl and add garlic, ginger, green chilli, salt and spring onion.
- Mix them well and keep the mixture for at least fifteen minutes to half an hour.
- After that, add black pepper powder and soya sauce. Again mix it well and keep aside.
- Now make small balls from dough and roll them round shaped just like poori.
- Then take a spoonful of mixture and put inside the thin circles. Now bring all the edges together to the centre and make pleates before closing it.
- Grease a steamer and arrange the prepared momos on the steamer. Cover with a lid and steam for about 10 minutes.
- Your rice steamed momo is ready. Serve hot with a sauce of your choice.
- Soak red chillies in the vinegar for 15 minutes.
- Now take all the ingredients together in a grinder bowl and make a smooth paste.
- Your chutney is ready to serve with momo.
This recipe was contributed by Motions and Emotions on 14 Aug 2015I am a medical writer by profession and love to do experiment with food. My passion of writing and...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.