Rice Ball Rasmalai
by Foodie sona
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 4034 times
Rice Ball Rasmalai, the popular Bengali sweet dish with a twist. This super delicious dessert is made from steamed rice balls served in a rich and creamy sweetened thick milk.Easy to cook and good to make when unexpected guests arrive.
Add your private note
Rice Ball Rasmalai recipe - How to make Rice Ball Rasmalai
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 3 to 4 servings
- In a pan add water, oil, milk and when water warms up, add rice flour and keep stirring so that no lumps are formed.
- Once this mixture starts to thicken and take dough consistency and the mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
- Remove from heat and cool down mixture.
- Add condensed milk, apply some oil on hand because dough is sticky then make small balls and stuff one pista into balls.
- Steam cook in a idli cooker for 10 minutes.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, add milk, bring to boil add condensed milk and almond powder.
- When the milk starts to thicken a little add rice balls and cook for 3-4 minute.
- Remove from heat and garnish with dry fruits and serve chilled.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie sona on 18 Jun 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.