Protein Cup Cakes, Protein Rich Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 66 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28223 times
Protein cup cakes, one need to have short and frequent meals while pregnant to provide a constant source of energy and nutrients, these protein cup cakes are just right to do so. Add peanuts if you wish to increase the protein content further.
- Combine the rice and dals and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Add the curds and mix well. Cover and keep aside to ferment overnight.
- Next day, add the bottle gourd, oil, lemon juice, baking soda, sugar, chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger-green chilli paste and salt and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the sesame seeds, carom seeds and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds, while stirring continuously. Pour over the batter and mix well.
- Pour equal amount of batter into 8 greased moulds or cups and bake in pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 20 minutes or till they turn brown in colour. Cool slightly, unmould and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cup cake
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.