Poha Dosa, Aval Dosa with Curd
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13545 times
Poha has a knack of imparting both softness and crispness to a snack, as you can experience in this amazing Poha Dosa.
The batter for this Poha Dosa is easy to make compared to the normal dosa because here you just need to soak and grind all the ingredients together.
Once fermented, the batter of rice, rice flakes and urad yields wonderful dosas with an excellent texture. The fenugreek seeds and curds play several roles in this dosa – they improve the flavour and aroma, help in fermentation and enhance the crispness of the dosa.
When you make the Poha Dosa, plan well in advance because there is a long soaking period and fermentation time. Enjoy these dosas hot and fresh with Chutney and Sambhar .
- Combine the raw rice and urad dal in a deep bowl, wash well and drain.
- Add the rice flakes and fenugreek seeds and soak in enough water in a deep bowl for 6 hours.
- Drain, blend in a mixer along with the curds and approx. 1 ¾ cups of water till smooth.
- Transfer the batter into a deep bowl, add the salt, mix well and cover with a lid and keep in a warm place for 8 hours.
- Once fermented, mix well.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), sprinkle a little water on the tava (griddle) and wipe it off gently using a cloth.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on it and spread it in a circular motion to make a 250 mm. (6”) diameter circle.
- Drizzle a little ghee evenly over it and cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Open the lid, and fold over to make a semi-circle or a roll.
- Repeat steps 6 to 9 to make 21 more dosas.
- Serve immediately with sambhar and coconut chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per dosa
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.