by Tarla Dalal
Added to 38 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16935 times
The perfect tomato gravy that's not too tangy yet not bland. The sugar helps balance the tanginess of the tomatoes so feel free to adjust the sugar content to suit your requirement. The cream and milk add volume and body to the gravy that is flavoured with the basic masalas like cardamom, ginger and green chillies. Paneer is added to the gravy, however you can use any vegetable of your choice. Enjoy this amazingly simple dish with a pulao or some parathas.
- Combine the tomatoes, sugar, cinnamon, peppercorns and cardamoms with 1 cup of water in a pan and cook for 10 to 12 minutes or till the tomatoes are soft.
- Allow it to cool and blend in a mixer to a smooth puree. Strain the mixture and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in kadhai, add the ginger and green chillies and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the prepared purée and salt and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the flame , add the cream, milk and paneer and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with fresh cream.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||554.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||-0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B2||-0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0 mg|
|Vitamin C||22.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||25.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.