Palak Subzi In Curd
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 19378 times
Palak subzi in curd brings out a delicious gravy recipe with palak or spinach puree added to a spicy curd mixture and tempered with grated coconut and chillies. A sweet and tangy vegetable dish , palak in curd is best paired with steamed rice.
- In a deep pan, add water and bring to boil.
- Add the spinach cook with salt and turmeric powder till soft.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Combine the coconut, chillies and cumin seeds and blend in a mixer into a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Add the ground paste to the curds and mix well.
- In a pan, combine the cooked spinach and add curd-coconut mixture and mix well and boil for 10-15 minutes.
- In another pan, heat 2 tsp oil and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, urad dal and curry leaves and saute for 10 seconds.
- Add this to the gravy and mix well.
- Serve hot.
- You can also add cooked mung[yellow] dal to the above palak subzi
This recipe was contributed by ved on 13 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.