Stir-fried Spinach Pancakes ( Diabetic Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 41 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15857 times
This one serves as food not just to the starving stomach, but as food for thought as well – as you can experiment by using this interesting spinach filling in varied ways! The sesame adds not just crunch but a liberal quota of iron as well to this interesting stuffing of spinach sautéed with garlic and a little oil.
Spinach adds to the health factor too – it is rich in vitamin A and folic acid. Vitamin A is a natural antioxidant. (remember to sauté the spinach on a high flame to retain its colour and nutrients. ) you could use this filling to make a sandwich, or as a topping over cooked kodri , simply have it as it is or stuff it in crepes like I did!
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai, add the garlic and sauté on high flame for a minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the spinach and sauté minutes over a high flame for 5 to 7, till all the water evaporates, while stirring continuously.
- Add the sesame seeds, soya sauce and salt and toss gently.
- Divide it into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl, add 2 tbsp of water and mix well to a smooth batter (add 1 tbsp water if required to make it of pouring consistency).
- Divide the batter into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick pan, pour a portion of the batter and tilt the pan around quickly to make a 125 mm. (5”) diameter thin circle.
- Cook on using ¼ tsp oil till both sides turn brown in colour.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 3 more pancakes and keep aside.
- Place a pancake on a clean, dry surface and spread one portion of the stir-fried spinach at one corner.
- Fold to make a roll and press it lightly to seal the stuffing.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more stir-fried spinach pancakes.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per pancake
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.