Oats and Vegetable Broth
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 215 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 59198 times
A toothsome broth of sautéed vegetables and oats cooked simply with water, and seasoned with salt and pepper. Comforting and sumptuous, this Oats and Vegetable Broth is very nutritious too. The vegetables provide an abundant supply of vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant that reduces free-radical damage, slowing the onset of heart diseases, cancer and other age-related degenerative diseases. By using fibre-rich oats, we do away with traditional refined flour thickeners, making this broth all the more healthier.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions, garlic and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add all the vegetables and sauté on a medium flame for another 2 minutes.
- Add the oats and sauté on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
- Add 3 cups of hot water, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the coriander and parsley, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.