Noodles with Peanut Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 38 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21860 times
A mouth-watering sweet and sour peanut sauce dresses a satiating combination of sautéed veggies and noodles, to make a dish that will appeal to all. As in most Oriental dishes, the Noodles with Peanut Sauce also features an assortment of crunchy veggies such as bean sprouts, carrots and cabbage along with succulent paneer, all cooked minimally to retain their exciting textures. If you plan to serve this at a party, make sure you reserve a few portions to bring out later, as this wonderful dish is sure to be wiped off within a jiffy!
- Boil 1/2 cup of water in a small pan.
- Add the jaggery, peanut butter, tamarind pulp, salt and soya sauce, mix well and simmer for a few minutes or till the jaggery melts and the sauce thickens.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the spring onion whites and sauté on a high flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the cabbage, beans sprouts, carrots and paneer and sauté on a high flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the noodles and salt, mix well and cook on a high flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the peanut sauce and pepper powder, mix well and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately garnished with spring onion greens.
Noodles with Peanut Sauce Video by Tarla Dalal
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.