Last Updated : Aug 03,2018
Viewed 5792 times
Also known as
Flat rice noodles
Flat noodle is a type of noodle made from some type of unleavened rice flour dough which is rolled flat and cut into thin strips. They are often pan-fried or deep-fried. Flat noodles are often served with an accompanying sauce or in a soup. Flat noodles may be dried or refrigerated before cooking. They look like thick flat strips of noodles which are boiled and used in variety of pastas and noodle based recipes.
Boiled flat noodles
Boiled Flat Noodles is prepared by cooking raw noodles in boiling water with a pinch of salt and a tsp of oil added to it. Noodles are boiled for 4-5 minutes, depending on their thickness, till they are cooked well. They are then drained and washed with cold water to prevent overcooking of noodles with the steam. The boiled noodles may then be used in a variety of recipes.
How to Select
Choose from the varieties available in the market. It is easily available in small as well as large packets, buy as desired. Also, they are made of different ingredients. Hence, make certain to read the label and then purchase. Read well the dates stamped - manufacturing as well as expiry.
• Simple boiled flat noodles are cooked in water or broth, and then drained. It can be cooked plain and relished with chilli sauce or tomato garlic sauce. Also, boiled veggies add a great taste to it. Since, noodles are soft and absorb flavours; you can add the spice of your choice -Soya sauce, garlic, oregano, onion paste etc.
• Noodle soup: Noodles served in broth. Everyone loves noodles in homemade soup. If cooking noodles in broth be sure to start with an extra amount of broth, since uncooked noodles will absorb liquid and make a thicker soup. Most noodles absorb about 25% of the liquid in which they cook. Soup makes a great leftover, but noodles continue to absorb broth as they stand.
• Flat Noodles steamed can be relished simply, with butter and spiced with pepper or oregano or mixed herbs.
• They are commonly used to prepared famous Malaysian noodles recipe.
How to Store
To store flat noodles keep in a cool dry place in an airtight container. Use noodles before the expiry date gets over. If any left over, keep it in a bowl covered. Use it within a day or so.
• Noodles are made out of refined flour, have nothing but carbohydrates. Hence, have not much nutrition. You can enhance its nutritional value, by adding enough vegetables like onion, carrot, cabbage, beans, peas, etc.
• In simple words, it is fine to eat noodles that are cooked with minimum amount of oil and have enough vegetables so that they make a good balanced food.
• Noodles, these days are made of wheat flour, which is a better option than refined flour.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.