Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 6987 times
A Bengali dessert delicacy, Misti doi or sweet curd is a perfect sweet dish for parties and family gatherings. The hung curd is sweetened with sugar or date jaggery and then chilled to achieve an irrestible creamy texture and delightful sweet taste. You can recreate the mithaiwalas magic at home with this simple Mishti doi recipe. Enjoy!
- Boil milk till almost half its original quantity and leave to cool slightly.
- Blend sugar and water on extremely slow fire and lightly caramelize (light brown).
- While still liquid, quickly stir caramel into hot milk and whisk vigorously.
- When milk is room temperature (slightly lukewarm) stir in unsweetened curd till well-mixed.
- Set overnight in a warm place. chill when set.
This recipe was contributed by vishakha_p on 28 May 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.