Missi Rotis, Rajasthani Missi Roti
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 15 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 99145 times
Although Missi Rotis get their unique flavour from besan, the dough is almost always made with a combination of flours and the addition of soya flour does not harm the original taste in any way. Kasuri methi and the other spices add just the right amount of zing to these Rotis .
I have made the Rotis thick so that they remain soft and taste better; however you can roll them thinner if you prefer. You can have them for Breakfast or as a meal accompanied with any subzi of your choice. I suggest you try these with Bharwan Aloo or Subz Korma or Kadhai Tofu .
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a soft, smooth dough using enough water. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Knead again using soya oil till smooth and divide the dough into 12 equal portions.
- Roll out one portion of the dough into 150 mm (6") diameter thick circle using a little flour for rolling.
- Cook each roti on a non-stick tava (griddle) over a medium flame using, ½ teaspoon of soya oil, till both sides are golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining portions to make 11 more rotis.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per thick roti
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.