Masaledar Chana, Toovar and Green Moong Dal
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 30 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6047 times
Chana, toovar and green moong dal is a protein-rich combination of dals prepared in an authentic indian style, with aromatic spices and powders. This is something you can cook every day, as it is neither rich nor fat-laden, but provides a good nutrient boost with dietary fibre and b-complex vitamins too.
- Combine the dals in a deep bowl and soak the dals for 30 minutes and drain well.
- Combine the dals, turmeric powder and 1½ cups of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, masala water and the cooked dal, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the coriander and cream, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.