Mango Truffle Cake
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 821 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 58631 times
Truffle cakes are so called because they melt-in-the-mouth like truffles that are made of pure chocolate and cream.
Truffle cakes may be made in various flavours like chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, and so on, but the Mango Truffle Cake tops the charts because of the burst of flavour that the fresh fruit and pulp give.
Everything about this cake is mango, mango, mango, right from the cake to the icing and the toppings too. The mango cake is sandwiched with mango icing and topped with loads of whipped cream and fruit strips. The outcome is an irresistible dessert that is fruity, succulent and creamy too.
You are also bound to enjoy other truffle cakes like the Double Layered Chocolate Truffle Gateau and the Chocolate Truffle Cake .
- Place the cake on a clean, dry surface and cut the cake horizontally into two equal parts with help of a sharp knife. Sprinkle the sugar syrup equally on the inner side of both the cake halves.
- Spread ½ cup of prepared mango icing on the lower halve of the cake and spread it evenly using a palette knife.
- Sprinkle the chopped mangoes evenly over it.
- Sandwich with the other halve of the cake, with the soaked part facing upwards and press it lightly.
- Spread the remaining mango icing evenly on top and at the sides of the cake to cover the cake with the help of a palette knife.
- Put the beaten whipped cream in a piping bag with a star nozzle fitted in. Decorate the circumference of the cake by making any design of your choice.
- Decorate with the mango strips and some more swirls as per your choice.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate till use.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per wedges
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.