• Baked goods, candy, frostings, jams, jellies all use sugar syrup both as a sweetener and as a preservative.
• Cookies, rice crispies, caramel snack mixes, nutritional bars, ice creams, and sorbets all include sugar syrup as one of their primary ingredients.
• As a sweetener it can be used across a wide range of recipes.
• When decorating cakes with fruits, give them a coating of sugar syrup to add shine and preserve the fruits from turning brown due to oxidation.
• Sugar syrups are also commonly added to sweeten beverages like cocktails, mocktails and fruit juices.
How to store sugar syrup, shakkar ki chasni
• Until the seal is broken, store the unopened bottle in a cool, dry place at room temperature
• After breaking the seal, refrigerate the product to extend its shelf life.
• Since syrups contains a high amount of sugar, it acts as a preservative and ensures that the product has a long shelf life.
• Unopened bottles remain for a year with the flavour and taste of rose intact.