Double Layered Chocolate Truffle Gateau ( Know Your Flours )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 17 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15643 times
Double layered chocolate truffle gateau, this eggless recipe is a good workaround for those caught between staunch vegetarianism and the lure of chocolate!
If you are just preparing the basic chocolate sponge, you can serve it with chocolate and raspberry sauce or plain chocolate sauce .
- Sieve the flour, cocoa powder, drinking chocolate, baking powder and baking soda together.
- Add the condensed milk, melted butter, vanilla essence and 75 ml. Of water and mix well. The batter should be of dropping consistency.
- Pour the batter into a greased and dusted 175 mm. (7”) diameter tin.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes. Then reduce the temperature to 180°c (360°f) and bake for further 15 minutes.
- The cake is baked when it leaves the sides of the tin and is spongy to touch.
- When ready, remove from the oven and leave aside for 1 minute. Invert the tin over a rack and tap to unmould the cake.
- Keep aside to cool.
- Heat the cream in a deep pan, add the dark chocolate and on a medium flame till it resembles a smooth sauce/ truffle, while stirring continuously.
- Remove and place the pan over a bowl of ice to cool the truffle, while stirring continuously, keep aside.
- Repeat the same procedure as for dark chocolate truffle icing and keep aside.
- Slice the chocolate sponge cake horizontally into three equal parts.
- Place one layer of the cake on a serving plate and sprinkle 1/3rd of the soaking syrup in order to make the cake moist.
- Spread half of the dark chocolate truffle icing evenly over the cake layer, and place the second layer of the cake on it.
- Moisten this cake layer 1/3rd of the soaking syrup.
- Spread the white chocolate truffle icing evenly over it and place the third layer of cake over it.
- Moisten this cake layer with the remaining soaking syrup and spread the remaining dark chocolate truffle icing on the top and the sides of the cake.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.