Healthy Bean Quesadilla
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 106 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28005 times
Quesadillas are a wonderful anytime snack. Handy tortillas packed with our favourite fillings, they can be made into a very satiating and tasty one-dish meal . Yet, there is the niggling worry that maida makes the tortillas unhealthy. Here is a healthy alternative made with whole wheat flour.
Plus, the zero-oil filling is just as healthy too with protein and iron rich kidney beans. Add to this the fact that this recipe gets lycopene and folic acid from tomatoes, and there you have a nutrient-dense one-dish meal. The best part is that the Healthy Bean Quesadilla is equally tasty, with peppy hints of tomatoes, coriander, chilli flakes and chaat masala too! Since this healthy treat is made without oil, you should take care to cook it on a slow flame till the raw smell goes.
Serve with a bowl of Carrot Onion Soup or Moong Dal and Spinach Soup to satiate your appetite.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Cover the dough with a lid and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Divide the stuffing into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the tortilla dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the tortilla dough into a 175 mm. (7") diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place a tortilla on a flat, dry surface, spread a portion of the stuffing on half of the tortilla and fold it over to make a semi-circle.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the quesadilla on a slow flame till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 to make 5 more quesadillas.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per quesadilla
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.