Fried Noodles with Paneer, Baby Corn and Tomato Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 86 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11869 times
Fried Noodles with Paneer, Baby Corn and Tomato Sauce is sure to take your taste buds on a roller-coaster ride, thanks to the sheer variety of textures and flavours that it offers. While fresh cottage cheese is succulent and soft, baby corn and fried noodles add abundant crunch to the recipe. The homemade tomato sauce, on the other hand, imparts a sharp tang that is characteristic of tomatoes. In order to retain the fresh flavour and crisp texture of this preparation, keep the fried noodles, tomato sauce and paneer-baby corn mixture ready, but assemble them in layers just before serving.
- Combine the tomatoes and ½ cup of water in a deep kadhai, and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes, or till they are completely cooked. Keep aside and allow it to cool completely.
- Once cooled , blend in a mixer till smooth and strain it using a strainer.
- Transfer the tomato purée into the same kadhai, add the sugar, chilli powder, oregano and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the sauce into 2 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the paneer, baby corn, green chillies and salt, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes. Keep aside.
- Take a serving bowl, spread all the paneer-baby corn mixture, pour with 1 portion of the tomato sauce, 2 cups fried noodles and finally pour the remaining tomato sauce evenly over it.
- Serve immediately garnished with spring onion greens and fried cashewnuts.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||1030.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||-0.5 mg|
|Vitamin B2||-0.6 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||47.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||58.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.