Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 22590 times
An easy north indian flat bread, eggless naan recipe which can be prepared by your own hands at home without any hassles or messy ingredients. A simple and delicious eggless naan recipe with dough prepared from maida flour(refined wheat flour), curd, milk, salt and soda. The naan taste superb , when smeared with butter or ghee and served with paneer makhani or any chicken gravy dish.
- Put the sugar and yeast in a small bowl, add little warm water and let the yeast dissolve.
- Cver and keep aside for 10 minutes or until yeast becomes frothy.
- Place the flour in a large bowl, add the ghee, salt and yeast, mix well and knead into a soft dough, using enough water.
- Cover and keep aside for 1 1/2 hours.
- Divide the dough into equal portions and shape them into small balls.
- Roll out each ball into ovals about 1 cm thick.
- Place on a greased aluminum foil and grill under broiler for 7-10 minutes or till well-cooked and golden brown.
- Turn twice while broiling to brush with butter and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by sonaprem on 29 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.