Diamond Cut Chips
by Ende Kushini
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2694 times
Easy to make crispy, crunchy chips using maida flour and chilly powder as the main ingredients. If stored in an air tight container, this stays fresh for about 10 days. Kids love to eat this for tea time snacks since this tastes more or less like potato wafers. This would be an ideal namkeen for Diwali.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix evenly so that the butter is spread evenly.
- Add little by little water and make a dough.
- Make 9 balls out of this dough.
- Grease a little oil on the rolling borad and roll each ball like chapathi.
- Try to make as thin as possible.
- Run a knife through it horizontally and vertically so as to create diamond shapes.
- Spread the diamonds in paper to dry.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry the chips in batches till they turn crisp and golden brown.
- Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Repeat the steps to make more such batches.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container.
This recipe was contributed by Ende Kushini on 06 Nov 2012I love cooking and I love varieties. I love to experiment with cooking. I read recipe books, look u...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.