Crispy Noodles Topped with Paneer in Tomato Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 168 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14459 times
Crispy Noodles Topped with Paneer in Tomato Sauce is nothing short of a culinary marvel. Crunchy, crispy noodles are topped with a delightful mixture of chunky paneer cubes and juicy green peas in a tangy tomato base. A couple of spice powders and bay leaf lend their magical touch to this dish, giving it a very aesthetic flavour and aroma.
Let a spoonful of this dish rest on your palate and enjoy the wide spectrum of flavours and textures that come together in it. Make sure you serve the Crispy Noodles Topped with Paneer in Tomato Sauce immediately on preparation, before the noodles lose their crunch.
- Combine the cornflour and 1/4 cup of water in a bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Combine the tomatoes and 1/2 cup of water in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow the mixture to cool, once cooled blend in a mixer till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the green chillies and bayleaf and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the prepared tomato pulp, sugar, chilli powder, salt and 1/2 cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cornflour- water mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tbsp of oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the paneer and sauté in a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the green peas and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add this to the prepared tomato sauce and mix gently.
- Just before serving, re-heat the paneer tomato mixture.
- Spread the noodles in a big serving plate.
- Put the prepared paneer tomato mixture evenly over it.
- Finally top it with coriander and cashews evenly over it.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||556.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||-0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||-0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||24.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||30.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.