Chocolate Chip Cupcake ( Cupcakes Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 148 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 76689 times
If the peppermint cupcake is ideal for adults, then the chocolate chip cupcake is best-suited for kids—and for adults who are young at heart! children are sure to love this cupcake, where delicious chocolate chips play hide-and-seek. This cupcake has an unusual combo of both vanilla and chocolate flavours, and a fantastic butter icing with melted chocolate. You can make it even more appealing by garnishing with edible silver balls.
- Sieve the plain flour, baking powder and soda bi-carb together in a bowl and keep aside.
- Combine the condensed milk, melted butter, vanilla essence and 2 tbsp of water in another bowl and whisk well.
- Add the flour mixture and chocolate chips and mix gently with help of a spatula to make a batter of dropping consistency.
- Pour equal quantity of the batter into 6 greased and dusted 68 mm. (2½”) diameter aluminum moulds.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 10 minutes and at 150ºc (300ºf) for 15 to 20 minutes or till done. The sponge is done when it leaves the sides of the mould and is springy to touch.
- Allow it to cool completely (approx. 30 minutes). Keep aside.
- Put the butter in a deep bowl and beat it using a spatula.
- Add the icing sugar and melted chocolate and mix well. Keep aside.
- Fill the frosting in a piping bag as shown on page 20 and pipe out swirls of your choice on each cupcake.
- Garnish each cupcake with a chocolate chips and edible silver balls and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cupcake
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.