Chinese Vegetable Clear Soup
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 180 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 164697 times
Everybody loves Vegetable Clear Soup. Here we present the Chinese version, a vibrant recipe that is quite a contrast to the soothing Continental way of making this soup.
Right from the choice of veggies like broccoli and bean sprouts, which are typically Oriental, to the addition of ginger and garlic, this Chinese Vegetable Clear Soup is a thorough example of Chinese cooking.
Perhaps the most exciting aspect of this soup is the garnish of crispy rice, which lightens your heart and makes it jump delightfully.
However, to really enjoy it, make sure you add the crispy rice just before serving, otherwise it will get soggy.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the ginger, garlic and green chillies and sauté on a high flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the carrot and broccoli and sauté on a high flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the clear vegetable stock and salt, mix well and cook on a high flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the bean sprouts and pepper powder, mix well and cook on a high flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately topped with crispy rice.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.