Cheese Aloo Moong Toast
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12447 times
cheese aloo toast recipe | cheese aloo moong toast | cheese aloo moong sandwich made with sandwich toaster | with 20 amazing images.
Buttery bread with tongue-tickling chutneys, crunchy onions, a mouth-watering filling and gooey cheese – this cheese aloo moong toast has it all made to become a blockbuster!
cheese aloo moong toast is a variant of Mumbai’s classic aloo toast, with a little boiled moong added to the stuffing. With the same spicy and chatpata taste, enticing crispness and buttery mouth-feel, the cheese aloo moong toast is also a sure-shot favourite.
You can make cheese aloo moong toast sumptuous snack with whole wheat bread too, if you wish.
Also try other Mumbai roadside recipes like the Cheese Masala Toast Sandwich or Toasted Samosa Sandwich.
Learn to make cheese aloo toast recipe | cheese aloo moong toast | cheese aloo moong sandwich made with sandwich toaster | with step by step photos below.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix very well.
- Divide the mixture into 4 portions and keep aside.
- Place 2 bread slices on a clean, dry surface. Apply ½ tsp of butter and ½ tsp of green chutney on each bread slice.
- Spread a portion of the mixture on one buttered-chutney bread slice and arrange 3 tomato slices and 2 onion slices evenly over it.
- Cover it with another slice of bread, with the buttered-chutney side facing downwards and press it lightly. Spread ¼ tsp of butter evenly over it.
- Grease a sandwich toaster on both the sides using ½ tsp of butter, place the sandwich in the sandwich toaster and cook on a medium flame, till it turns brown and crisp from both the sides.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp of cheese evenly over it.
- Cut into 6 equal pieces using a sharp knife.
- Repeat steps 1 to 6 to make 3 more toasts.
- Serve the cheese aloo moong toast immediately with tomato ketchup and green chutney.
Cheese Aloo Moong Toast Video
Cheese Aloo Moong Toast recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per sandwich
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.