Cabbage Manchurian, Veg Chinese Starter
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 36 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 67881 times
Cabbage Manchurian is a scrumptious Chinese starter, in which crisp and spicy deep-fried balls of cabbage and carrots are sautéed with spring onions and a tongue-tickling mix of Oriental sauces.
The Manchurian balls have a really exciting mouth-feel, which combines the juicy crunch of the veggies with the pungency of ingredients like ginger and garlic.
This is a starter that is guaranteed to fire up your appetite! You can also try other starters like the Chinese Style Fried Capsicum or Chinese Samosa.
- Combine the cabbage, carrot, chilli powder, ginger paste, garlic paste, plain flour, cornflour and salt in a deep bowl and mix very well with your hands.
- Add approx. 2 tsp of water and mix very well.
- Divide the mixture into 10 equal portions and roll each portion into a ball.
- Heat the oil for deep-frying, and deep-fry a few balls at a time on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic, green chillies and ginger and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the prepared sauce, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the cabbage balls and spring onion whites and greens and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while tossing it occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.