Vegetable Dimsum ( Diabetic Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 65 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 60375 times
Perhaps you have always had dimsums only in restaurants and avoided making them at home just because they sound complicated? But believe me, there are actually easy to make – follow the exact procedure explained here and try it once; I am sure you will master the act at one go and will soon be making the world’s best dimsums in your very own kitchen!
This is undoubtedly an innovative low calorie recipe – flour wrappers are filled with a healthy filling of broccoli and bean sprouts, and steamed to make an appetising snack. Bean sprout is one of my favourite ingredients, and I cannot think of a more stylish way to consume it. I have used plain flour as only whole wheat flour will not serve the purpose well.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai, add all the remaining ingredients and sauté over a high flame for 2 to 3 minutes while stirring continuously. Keep aside to cool.
- Combine the flours, oil, salt and enough water to make soft pliable dough. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Knead again till smooth and divide it into 16 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion into 100 mm. (4’) diameter thin circle using a little flour.
- Spread a portion of the vegetable filling in the center.
- Shape them as shown and steam in a greased steamer for about 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- This recipe has been developed only to satisfy the occasionally craving of a diabetic for exotic dishes as it contains certain ingredients which need to be used restrictively. Hence this does not qualify as a regular everyday meal.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
|Energy|| 139 calories|
|Protein|| 4.4 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 24.2 gm|
|Fat|| 3.0 gm|
|Iron|| 1.5 mg|
|Fibre|| 1.1 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.