Bhatura, How To Make Bhatura, Punjabi Bhatura Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
- ગુજરાતી માં વાંચો (Bhatura, How To Make Bhatura, Punjabi Bhatura Recipe in Gujarati)
Added to 158 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 190054 times
bhatura recipe | bhatura with yeast | Punjabi bhatura | with 20 amazing images.
Bhatura is a deep fried Indian bread made with plain flour (maida), dry yeast, curd, sugar and a bit of ghee. Well-known as an accompaniment for Punjabi Chole, piping hot Punjabi bhatura is a delightful treat for all, especially on damp and rainy evenings.
We have made bhatura with yeast but you can also make it without yeast.
However, remember that the bhatura will become soggy and chewy if not served hot and fresh. Also, take care to blot the excess oil from bhatura with a paper napkin before serving.
Notes on bhatura recipe. 1. Cover with a lid and wait for 5 to 7 minutes or until the mixture is frothy. This is done to activate the dry yeast. If you are using fresh yeast you can incorporate it directly into the dough. 2. You can add about a teaspoon of ajwain (carom seeds) to flavour the Bhatura dough. 3. Add the curd. Curd makes the dough soft and also helps in fermenting it. 4. Knead to make a soft dough using enough warm water. You can also use warm milk to make the dough softer. 5. Cover the dough with a lid or wet muslin cloth to prevent the dough from drying up.6. Sprinkle a little flour on the rolling surface. This will prevent the dough from sticking to the surface.
We also have a huge collection of Indian breads that team up well with Subzis and Curries.
Learn to make bhatura recipe | bhatura with yeast | Punjabi bhatura | with detailed step by step photos below.
- To make bhaturas, combine the sugar and dry yeast in ¾ cup of warm water and stir until the yeast dissolves. Cover with a lid and wait for 5 to 7 minutes or until the mixture is frothy.
- Combine this liquid along with the plain flour, curds, ghee and salt in a bowl and knead to make a soft dough using enough warm water. Knead it well for at least 6 to 7 minutes
- Cover the dough with a lid or wet muslin cloth and keep aside to prove for approx. 30 minutes or till it increases in volume slightly.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions and roll each portion into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the bhaturas, one at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from both sides.
- Serve the bhatura immediately.
Bhatura, How To Make Bhatura, Punjabi Bhatura Recipe recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per bhatura
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.