Bhatura, How To Make Bhatura, Punjabi Bhatura Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Bhatura, How To Make Bhatura, Punjabi Bhatura Recipe in Hindi)
- ગુજરાતી માં વાંચો (Bhatura, How To Make Bhatura, Punjabi Bhatura Recipe in Gujarati)
Added to 157 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 120858 times
Well-known as an accompaniment for Chole, piping hot bhatura is a delightful treat for all, especially on damp and rainy evenings.
However, remember that the bhaturas will become soggy and chewy if not served hot and fresh. Also, take care to blot the excess oil with a paper napkin before serving.
We also have a huge collection of Indian breads that team up well with Subzis and Curries.
Enjoy how to make Bhatura recipe with detailed step by step photos below.
- To make bhaturas, combine the sugar and dry yeast in ¾ cup of warm water and stir until the yeast dissolves. Cover with a lid and wait for 5 to 7 minutes or until the mixture is frothy.
- Combine this liquid along with the plain flour, curds, ghee and salt in a bowl and knead to make a soft dough using enough warm water. Knead it well for at least 6 to 7 minutes
- Cover the dough with a lid or wet muslin cloth and keep aside to prove for approx. 30 minutes or till it increases in volume slightly.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and roll each portion into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the bhaturas, one at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from both sides.
- Serve the bhatura immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per bhatura
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.