Beetroot and Coconut Sabzi, South Indian Sabzi
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 29 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7953 times
An easy and tasty South Indian recipe, which features grated beetroot, flavoured with a traditional tempering and a scrumptious mixture of coconut, garlic and spice powders.
Since the beetroot is grated, it cooks very fast, so you can make this Beetroot and Coconut Subzi even on a busy day. You can try the same method with other veggies like carrot too!
Try other beetroot delicacies like the Beetroot Puri and the Beetroot Tikkis in Spinach Gravy .
- Combine the coconut, garlic, turmeric powder and chilli powder in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan ,add the mustard seeds and urad dal and sauté on medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the curry leaves and kashmiri red chillies and sauté on medium flame for a few seconds
- Add the beetroot and salt and mix well. Cover with a lid and cook on medium flame for 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally
- Add the coconut-garlic mixture, mix well and cook on medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.