Beetroot, Cucumber and Tomato Raita
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 172 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 63782 times
Here is a brilliantly colourful raita that tempts you with its good looks, and contributes a splash of colour and good health to the meal!
Flavoured with dry-roasted cumin seeds and asafoetida, this zero-oil raita has a zesty flavour. Made of fibrous and water-filled veggies, the Beetroot, Cucumber and Tomato Raita is very nourishing.
protein and calcium -rich curds not only adds more nutrition to the dish, but also makes it cool and refreshing – just perfect to beat the heat on a summer afternoon.
So, serve it with lunch to instantly pep up the meal!
- Combine the beetroot, cucumber, tomatoes, curds, salt and green chilies in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat a small non-stick pan on a medium flame and when hot, add the cumin seeds and dry roast for about 30 seconds.
- Add the asafoetida and dry roast for about 5 seconds.
- Pour this mixture over the raita and mix well.
- Add the coconut and coriander and mix well.
- Serve chilled.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.