by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15368 times
Here is a raita that includes the fun of having your favourite namkeen too. When you have boondi on hand, the Boondi Raita is extremely quick and easy to make. Just mix in chilled curds, spice powders and boondi, garnish with coriander and you are ready to go. You can serve this raita immediately if you want to enjoy the crunch of the boondi, else refrigerate for a while and serve. Take care while adding salt to the raita, because the boondi also has salt in it.
- Combine curds and approx. ¼ cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Add the chilli powder, chaat masala, cumin seeds powder and salt and mix well.
- Add the boondi and coriander and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
- For soft boondi, refrigerate the raita for 15 to 20 minutes and then serve.
- Alternatively, you can soak the boondi in enough water for 15 minutes, drain it and squeeze out the excess water and add it to the curds.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||241.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||2 mg|
|Folic Acid||28.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.