Colocassia Leaf Raita, Healthy Arbi Ke Patte Raita
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28559 times
Colocassia leaves are a common ingredient in Maharashtrian and Gujarati cuisine. It is used to make wadi, paatra, and other such tasty dishes. Here is another tasty dish using this diabetic-friendly ingredient.
You can make delicious Colocassia Leaf Raita by combining this low-carb leaf with curds, lemon juice, and an aromatic and flavourful tempering that enhances the subtle taste of the leaves. Use low-fat curds to curb the fat content. Serve them with Methi Crispies or Spicy Pudina Khakhras to enjoy a light snack.
- Place the colocassia leaves in a steamer, sprinkle lemon juice evenly over it and steam for 7 to 8 minutes. Keep aside to cool.
- Once cooled, combine the cooked colocassia, curds and salt and leaves in a deep bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a small non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, red chillies and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the tempering to the raita, mix well and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Garnish with a sprig of coriander and serve chilled with methi crispies or spicy phudina khakhras.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.