Dill and Cucumber Raita, Suva and Kakdi Raita
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5186 times
The Dill and Cucumber Raita is an unusual accompaniment to your meal, one that is sure to tantalize your taste buds. A simple tempering and addition of spice powders like cumin or chilli powder are common touches that you expect in any raita.
But, this one is nothing short of a specialty. Here the curd-cucumber mixture is perked up with dill leaves that have been sautéed with cumin seeds, garlic and other ingredients. This gives an interesting twist to the cucumber raita making it super aromatic and flavourful.
Serve this raita chilled, to relish the crispness of cucumber and the sharp accents of dill. Make your meal interesting with other dishes like Paneer Parathas or Vegetable Pulao .
- Take the curds in a deep bowl and whisk well till smooth using a whisk.
- Add the cucumber, cumin seeds powder and salt and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds, garlic and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the dill leaves and little salt and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the sautéed dill to the prepared curd-cucumber mixture and mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve chilled.
Dill and Cumber Raita, Suva and Kakdi Raita Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.