Baked Whole Wheat Puris, Jar Snack
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 205 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 113197 times
Appetizingly tasty, these Baked Whole Wheat Puris make a healthy and filling snack for kids – but sure to be enjoyed by adults too.
These scrumptious whole wheat crispies have a lingering taste, thanks to simple, readily available spice powders. The procedure is easy and there is no time-consuming deep-frying to be done either, so this is practically a no-fuss recipe that you can make any time.
Prepare a whole batch and store it in a jar, to enjoy any time your palate craves for a tasty treat! You can also use it innovatively to make other snacks – you can, for example, lace it with chutneys and top it with tomatoes and onions, or crush it and make a chaat out of it!
You can also try other healthy baked recipes like Baked Sev and Baked Tortilla Chips .
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a stiff dough using enough water. Keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 20 equal portions and roll out each portion into a circle of about 75 mm. (3") diameter.
- Grease a baking tray using oil, place 10 puris at a time on it and prick all over using a fork.
- Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 10 to 12 minutes or till the puris are golden brown in colour.
- Repeat with the remaining dough to make 10 more puris in 1 more batch.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per puri
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.